Friday 10 July 2009

Congratulations to our parish's First Communicants


Congratulations to Ania, Liam, Oliver and Robert who received their First Holy Communion on 28th June.

A special thanks to Maura Jones who instructed the children and all who helped to make the occasion so memorable.

Please pray that the First Communicants will be filled with God's Grace, inspiring them and guiding them in their lives so that their Faith will now be strengthened by having received the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ and that they will continue to be active members of Christ's Church.

"I tell you most solemnly, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you will not have life in you. Anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in him. As I, who am sent by the living Father, myself draw life from the Father, so whoever eats me will draw life from me. This is the bread that came down from heaven; not like the bread that your ancestors ate; they are dead, but anyone who eats this bread will live forever." (John 6:48-58).

No comments: