Saturday 18 September 2010

A Reflection on Cardinal Newman

Reflection: Cardinal Newman has a great prayer to his credit on “The Mission of Life”:

“God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some works to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission... I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. He has not created me for naught. I shall do good; I shall do his work. I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place...”

That is the property entrusted to us as the Gospel says. It is entrusted to us for a mission. We are placed here for definite purpose, to make this world better, to bring love and mercy, to bring healing and compassion. Let’s remember that we’ll be asked to turn in a complete account of handling this property that is at our care..!

No comments: