Sunday 23 January 2011

Photo Report from the Parish Curry Afternoon

Today's 'Curry Afternoon' was a huge success with people coming from across the Parish, Gorseinon, London and elsewhere.

We had three priests and one Bishop in our humble Church hall!

No doubt a report will be in next week's newsletter re. the number of attendees, money raised etc.

In the meantime here are a few photos to wet your appetite

The hall quickly fills up to overflowing! Once everyone was seated you could barely move.

Father makes an announcement surrounded by his lieutenants, just a few of the ladies wearing saris.

Fr Paul Joseph introduces our new Parish Priest, Fr. Benedict Koledoye, to everyone present.

Our departing Parish Priest, making everyone smile.

Curry is served!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi everyone!
I'm Anne Joseph from Bangalore, Karnataka, South India. Fr Paul Joseph was my student long ago and I'm very happy to see that he's serving the Lord and his people in a far away land. Congratulations on the 'Curry Afternoon'! An unusual name but yes it does serve the purpose. The ladies are looking beautiful in sarees. The beauty of the saree still amazes me even though I wear it often! Wish I could taste some of those dishes. They look delicious! I would have liked to see the men in mundu...maybe the new parish priest will yarn some magic.
Thank you Paul for sharing this wonderful news with me. God bless you all.
Lots of Love, anne.